The Frugal and Free Daily

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Word about Rebate Forms

Okay! I have noticed a pattern on my website.
In the past 3-4 months I have noticed a fair amount of 10¢ orders. You read it right! Ten cent orders. I went with it because I felt very strongly AND STILL DO, that I should not set a minimum order amount like most other coupon and form services do. (Some may think of me as naiive or downright stupid but I do have my reasons for doing what I do.)

Recently, PayPal has upped their prices so I no longer am being charged a 10¢ fee to process 1 order it is now 33¢ for each PayPal transaction. Add that to the postage of 1 stamp for an order of 1 rebate form. It COSTS ME 70¢ to send that out and that is not even counting the supplies or the actual form! I must draw the line somewhere. I must start charging more for the forms because there is a pattern---when people cannot find these forms anywhere else, they find them at my site. And I should PAY someone to come get them? I don't think so.

A Bit of Background: I work 40+ hours in a call center that outsources jobs around the world, pitching credit card applications to people with either "disposable" income or with no brains in their head to not charge themselves into debt. I started this website because I believe in the "art" of couponing. I see how God has blessed my family so very much with the wisdom and knowledge of being an avid couponer. I like to help people. I want to share what I have learned. I like NOT imposing limits on people. But, when it is COSTING me money to send out 1 form and these people NEVER come back to find other coupons---I have to stop and re-assess the situation here on forms.
Let me add this as well. For those faithful people who come back and find the coupons and forms they need and order MORE THAN 1 FORM, you are welcome to email me and I will work with you on the forms. I will not charge you the full increased price. But, to those people who come to my site, find the 1 form they cannot get anywhere else and never return to the site, even out of a small sense of gratitude for finding the form, sent with NO COST POSTAGE, you will pay more for the form if you want it badly enough.

Hopefully, this won't be taken too harshly, but, I am merely thinking of my family's well being. I am not working in a sweat shop to fund sending forms out to people..I am working that job only until I no longer have to because I am able to provide this service to people full time. I would love nothing better than to deal with coupons and deals 24/7.

So, please, look at the site, hopefully you will find what you are looking for..and PLEASE, tell all your friends, post on your favorite boards about FrugalandFree.com. We need the exposure. We provide a very good service and we are very generous in doing so. God will bless us for this. But, I cannot be taken advantage of in the process. The regulars to the site will understand. Thank you.
Well, time to get ready for "the job."
Have a great day! Now...
Go Forth & Save!
Michelle
Frugal and Free

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    I already got ya on my site- www.frugalforlife.com

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Dawn,
    I can't seem to locate an email for you. Will you email me at michelle@frugalandfree.com
    Thanks for visiting.
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home