The Frugal and Free Daily

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Pointers to Saving

Here's a rule of thumb:
If it's 25% off, buy twice as much as you normally would for a week. If it's 50% off, buy up to 10 times as much as you would normally use in a week. Anything over 50% off, buy as much as you can reasonably afford and have room to store. Be careful though and don't believe the store ads. "Buy one get one free" is no good if they've doubled the price.

We "couponers" and "deal-finders" and other wise "frugal-types" know that we need to do some quick calculations to make sure a sale is really a "deal."

I was in King Soopers last night, making my "end-of-the-week" sweep before the new ad broke today. I had given a little ole woman a couple of my CoffeeMate coupons and then I was putting back a couple creamers because I certainly wasn't going to "pay" for it when I had been getting it for free for a couple months. Anyway, something caught my eye..(I have excellent peripheral vision!) I looked in the milk cooler (which I thought I had eyeballed to death previously) and saw half gallons of King Soopers whole milk with 50ยข mark down stickers on them. I thought I had died and gone to "deal heaven!" I grabbed 10 so I paid $5 for 5 gallons of whole milk. The date was for today but that doesn't bother me. We drink a whole lot of milk at my house and it goes very quick. I think I may need to think "cow" soon. But, who would milk it? **grin**

Well, I will be back to hopefully share some deals with you from this week's ad. In the meanwhile, have a great day...

Now, Go Forth & Save!

Michelle
Frugal and Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home