The Frugal and Free Daily

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My Latest Deals-a mini spree!

I had an interesting lesson myself last night at one of my grocery stores.

I did have a number of things that were on free last night…translation: sale + coupon/doubled= FREE. When I was ready to check out, the only available lane was with a manager. I have to be honest. I was leery. I was on my guard. Ready to explain and defend. But, the pleasant surprise was, I did not have to. In fact, the manager commended me on my savings, showed the next customer in line that I got 99% savings and said he had no problem whatsoever because they got all the money back from the manufacturer. I was totally impressed.

The customer behind me said “I am going to tell me wife and she is going to feel pretty stupid for throwing all those coupons away!” I left the store laughing my head off. My daughter ( a coupon princess in training) was ecstatic…giddy in fact.

Here's What We Got

  • (20) 64 oz light Tropicana juice
  • 7 Soft Soap hand soap
  • 3 containers of Duncan Hines Whipped Frosting
  • a Slim Jim for my youngest, which was 99¢ so my total was $1.01. If I hadn’t gotten the Slim Jim, it would have been 2 cents.

We really didn't break a sweat on this trip. As I said, this was a mini-spree. I love this. I am able to care for my family in such a greater way and I am teaching my children to be givers as we donate excess to charity.

God has truly blessed our family. And we try every chance we can to pass on the blessings.

Have a very good night. May you have a very prosperous yet frugal day.

Let me know your thoughts, suggestions, etc. I would love to hear from you.

Email me.

Now, Go Forth & Save!

Michelle

Frugal and Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home