The Frugal and Free Daily

Sunday, May 08, 2005

6.5 Gallons Milk for $2.00

How on earth did I manage to get six and a half gallons of milk for $2? Well, I always look for markdowns in grocery stores. I am always blessed enough to get what I call a "sweep" of a certain department in the grocery store. Sometimes it might be the meat department. Other days, it might be produce. Today...was a Dairy Sweep. Horizon milk, 1/2 gallons marked down to $1. Well, I just happened to have 55ยข off any Horizon Milk which they doubled to $1. FREE milk. And I was able to find gallons of Viva milk for $1. 9 half gallons=free plus 2 gallons at $2 total.
Some people may say..EWWWW it might be bad. I happened to know that a lot of time, someone in dairy is overzealous in their ordering and end up with 24 cases of milk and, it goes bad if left on the shelf too long---hence, a good deal for me. I am very grateful.
Well, busy day in couponland tomorrow. Gotta sleep fast. Be back with more coupons...
Have a very nice night....
Michelle
Frugal and Free
NOW, Go Forth & Save Shopping Cart Lady

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home