The Frugal and Free Daily

Sunday, February 20, 2005

My "Find" at Walgreens...

I had an incredibly difficult week. Our only vehicle broke down and I had to take a cab to and from work. It was very difficult. I even had to get bread and coffee at a 7-11. It was highway robbery but when you have no other options, well, you go to 7-11 with your hands up and you surrender.

Anyway, where was I?
Oh yes, I had gone to Walgreen's about a week or so ago and saw 2.x oz size French's French Fried Onions marked down to 89¢ each. Of course, I freaked, I had coupons at home. So, I went home and got about how many I thought I needed...then the car died. In that type of situation, what can you do?

Well, I had to stop thinking about coupons and deals because I had NO WAY to get to the store. When the car was repaired, I did go a day or so after and found my beloved French's french fried onions there waiting. For 89¢ less 50¢ off= 39¢. I was pretty wiped out from the week and should've been paying attention. Checked my receipt. I was charged 1.49 each for the FFF onions. So, I proceeded to go back in the store and got my refund of $8.40 in cash.

My daughter is always amazed that I have cash--most of the time. Because I am always finding mistakes stores make on my orders. Either they short me on coupons or the wrong price scans, etc. I work too hard at this to not speak up.

So, for 14 cans of French's french fried onions, I paid $5.46. It was worth the wait. I am very grateful for the sales and deals I find.

Well, have a great night...

Now...Go Forth & Save!
Michelle
Frugal and Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home