The Frugal and Free Daily

Thursday, November 18, 2004

What We Stand For...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Anonymous (Proverb)

I LOVE that proverb. It speaks volumes to me. My family and I have had some terribly rough times in our life and I guess you could say our wisdom is born of pain. There were more times than I can count that we had to go to the local food bank, or Salvation Army or a church to get food and supplies to help us make it through.

Maybe that is why I am such a "maniac" as my DH calls me, about saving money and getting "steals and deals." I like to share what God has given me...if I get 90 bags of Goldfish crackers, I am like "Johnny Appleseed" and share them along my travels and in my circle. Plus, I will give surplus to charities. But I want to do more.

That's great if I share my deals--it feeds people for a meal or two, but I want to feed them for life. That is why I like to share HOW I get my deals and the art of couponing. In doing so, it is contagious. People will share that with others they know...and the chain has begun. Besides, it feels so good to get these sales, bargains and free items..and to know you didn't have to ask anyone for it....you put the deal together yourself.

I know where people are coming from when they are having hard times. I have been there, done that. I still have a long way to go to get where my family and I would like to be...but, we are on the right road..and I LOVE the scenery along the way.

Let me end this post with these thoughts..

"If I share my bargains and deals with others I feed them for a meal
or two...

But if I teach them the art of couponing and shopping, they
will be fed for life." ~~~ Michelle, Frugal and Free.com


Visit my website Frugal and Free, look around and place an order. I provide the service of finding, clipping and sorting the coupons, plus I will share the good deals I am aware of and alert you of them.
Have a great day....
Now, Go Forth and Save....
Michelle
Frugal and Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home